Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Day 20 - Scents



Day 12 – Scents
 Throughout the pregnancy I was paranoid about carcinogenics. I found a wonderful organic range of products called “enchantrix”. This is what is written on the bottle, “Children are the future, treasure them- they are gifts to teach us the way. Their bodies suffer when exposed to toxic chemicals, junk food, and sugar. Try to feed them organic food and use products that are nor going to harm them. This baby wash is made with love and care from the finest ingredients we can find. It will not harm you, your baby or the environment. The oils used in this wash are organically grown with love and reverence for the earth.”

The oils are geranium oil, lavender and lemongrass. A really unique scent when combined. We used this on Joaquim when we washed him, and they are the same oils we bathed him in when we prepared his body for cremation. When the longing gets really bad, I open the lotions and rub them in my hands, and the scents allow for the memories to flood back.

The irony is not lost on me however, that as powerful as my intentions were, I could not prevent the cancer that claimed him in the end. Today, in South Africa, it is National Bandana day, creating awareness for the sunflower foundation, for childhood leukaemia which Joaquim had. So that is my background picture. If you have not already done so, please pop out to your nearest garage or Pick n Pay store and support them. I would love if you could then send me a picture, or tag me in it on fb with you wearing your bandana, as I am making a collage for day 20.


No comments: