Thursday, October 25, 2012

Day 25 - Baby Shower


Day 25- Baby Shower
I have been extremely blessed with a mother and sister that spoil me ridiculously. Between the two of them, they have planned all of my baby showers, making each one extremely special. I always thought that you were only entitled to have a baby shower with your first baby, but I was lucky to have one for each pregnancy.
My sister sent out all of the invitations by email, as we were having a “going green” theme, preserving the planet for future generations. My mom and I had handmade all of his nappies from a pattern, and we had found the organic baby soap range “enchantrix”. So we only really needed cotton clothes and blankets, as we had donated our baby things after Isabella had grown out of them. We didn’t need a pram, as I knew I carried my babies, we didn’t need a cot, because we knew he would sleep on me (although we still had the air loom cot my mother had bought us 10 years earlier, still in pristine condition).
I was really and truly spoilt on the day, surrounded by friends, family, and lots of fun and glorious food; platters that my mother had ordered from a bakery, and a HUGE chocolate cake that my sister had made.
The greatest gift on the day obviously, was the birth of our beautiful baby boy; 30 minutes after the last guest had left.

No comments: