Sunday, October 28, 2012

Day 28 - most significant memory


Day 28 – Most Significant Memory
The picture for today is from a story I have long read to the children called “Little Angels Journey”, by Dzinka Hayda.
It is a beautiful story about a little Angel who looks down on earth and longs to join a particular family. Big angel takes her through a process to get her ready to make the journey across the rainbow bridge. They go and visit the twinkling stars, who give little angel the gift of Wonder, for little angel had much to learn on earth. The Radiant Sun gives little angel the gift of Love- as Little Angel had much to accomplish on earth. The silvery Moon gave the gift of Kindness- for Little angel had many to help on earth.
Then great Angel wrapped little angel in a soft celestial blanket, and they descended the rainbow bridge. It was a long long journey, soothed by the soft lullabies of the stars, Little Angel fell asleep.
On the journey back to heaven Great Angel hung Little Angel’s soft feathery wings on Silvery Moon.
There the wings awaited Little Angel’s return, for all of Little Angels good deeds to be completed on Earth.

I have so many memories to cling to, so many where he was with us physically, and so many that are happening every day since he passed.
We were asked to share a positive or a negative memory, so I gave it a lot of thought, and as much as I would like to rant and rave about the injustice of it all, I think the most significant things that represent Joaquim, are all positive.
His love, his light, his purity, his holiness. I have used this month to vent and rant and express the deep grief I feel, but I need to emphasise the incredible positives that Joaquim has brought. He taught me to have a deep reverence and respect for all life. A joy and wonderment at every life experience, the sunlight, the rain, rainbows, fluffy clouds. He taught me to appreciate my children, my family and my friends and hang on to every moment we have together. He taught me patience, forgiveness, tolerance, and respect for others. (I am still fine tuning those).
He taught me to meditate, and just be in the moment and that is where I feel him the most. I feel him in everything that is good, and pure and kind. These are My most significant memories of him.

No comments: